THE ULTIMATE FOOD.
You know it is.
Eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
It’s a COMPLETE meal in a pocket.
You can literally put it in your pocket.
Teenagers eat them, Dads eat them, BABIES can gum them.
The most amazing part . . .
They take no time at all to make.
And I have never come across a combination that I didn’t like.
Do ½ of my kids even like bell peppers? No.
Do the other ½ like Spinach? No.
Do they gobble these quesadilla’s up, and ask for more? H. E. Double hockey sticks, yes.
Here’s the YouTube version if you’re interested. . .otherwise. . .nevermind me and my morning lunch making shenanigans. . .and keep on scrolling for the recipe.
VEGETABLE QUESADILLA’S SO GOOD NO CHILD WILL EVEN NOTICE THE VEGETABLES
To be fair, as much as I love these quesadillas, I didn’t think they’d pass by the 11 year old without a snide remark and a grimace. “Why did I make them then?” you ask. Because sooner or later if it’s the death of me, that CHILD will enjoy vegetables to THE FULLEST.
It’ll probably be later. And it may be the death of me. But! She did enjoy this meal! Point goes to Mommy.
*Ingredients: (per quesadilla you would like to make)
- 2 Tortillas (I used low carb for me, and regular for my family)
- 1 TB Olive Oil
- 2 TB refried beans
- 1 heaping TB Green Onions, chopped
- 2 Mini sweet bell peppers, chopped
- ¼ cup Spinach, chopped
- ¼ cup Mozzarella cheese
*All these measurements are approximate, as preferences change with mood. It’s such an easy recipe to throw together, and you can’t mess it up. Be free and just let your taste buds be your guide!
- Onto a non-stick skillet, on medium high heat, add olive oil.
- While the oil is warming, slather refried beans onto one side of one of your tortillas.
- Place the tortilla onto the skillet, bean side up.
- Sprinkle with ½ your cheese. Top with green onions, bell peppers, spinach, and the remainder of the cheese. Once the bottom of the tortilla starts to turn a golden brown and is becoming slightly crispy, add the remaining tortilla on top.
- Flip and cook until the other side also becomes golden and the inside cheese has melted. Remove from pan.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes, cut, and serve or wrap up for take away lunches!
Next try my favorite Turkey Tacos. . .they have been a family favorite for over a decade.