It’s National “Eat a million vegetables so you feel healthy” Week.
2021 is here and I’m about to shove a whole lot of vegetables down my family’s throat to make myself feel skinnier! Yay!
No seriously. I am.
All week long I’m going to feed them vegetarian meals and hope they are none the wiser.
My sinister plan starts off with this delectable pasta dish that will have even the snootiest toddler, begging for more.
Red Pesto Pasta with pounds of Roasted vegetables golden and oozing with flavor. Tossed in jarred Red Pesto. . .and oh. maw. gaw.
They’ll never know there was no meat to be found.
Want to see the live action version? Check out my youtube video here. . . or keep scrolling for the recipe:)
Red Pesto Pasta with Roasted Vegetables
1 pound of your favorite pasta, cooked according to package directions
1 package sliced portabello mushrooms
½ cup frozen corn
1 yellow bell pepper, cut into bite size pieces
2 zucchini, cut into bite size pieces
6 oz Red Pesto
Parmesan & red Pepper, for serving
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees.
2. Cook Pasta according to package directions.
3. Place vegetables onto a cookie sheet, drizzle with olive oil, and sprinkle with Season-All. Roast in oven for 30 minutes or until vegetables begin to brown around the edges.
4. Once pasta is cooked al dente, drain. Drizzle with a little olive oil so that the pasta doesn’t stick together. Mix well.
5. Add the vegetables to the pasta, mixing to make sure they are evenly distributed. Add red pesto and toss to serve. Serve with Parmesan and red pepper. Garnish with cilantro!