Have you ever heard of the restaurant Cheddar’s? It one of my favorite places to eat for a multitude of reasons.
Servings are big. Prices are small. The food is homestyle and comforting, but also in general healthy. I’m talking rice pilaf’s, green beans, steamed broccolli, but also things like chicken fried steak.
But they have this salad.
With the sweetest mandarin oranges, and crispy wonton strips, with chicken AND shrimp, and just to really pull you in. . .they serve it with a honey buttered croissant.
I haven’t had it in awhile, but I’ve been dreaming of it lately. And it’s been much too long, because I can’t even remember what type of dressing it comes with. I want to say something sweet (Like a Poppy Seed).
Lucky for my family, because I’m craving it, they get to eat it. Poppy seed dressing for the two kiddos who have to jet out the door before I have time to make the Soy Sauce Dressing (not that it takes much time, but I’m always running late) and for the rest of us who will be taking our lunches at home, we will be having our lunch with the sweet and salty Soy Sauce Dressing (link below).
Want to see my Mandarin Orange Chicken Salad making morning routine? Check out my YouTube video here, or keep scrolling for the easy recipe below.
Mandarin Orange Chicken Salad with Almonds and Soy Sauce Dressing
- Iceberg/ Spinach Mix
- Cole Slaw Mix
- Grilled Chicken Breast Strips (pre-cooked, frozen), cooked according to package directions and cut into bite size pieces
- Canned Mandarin Oranges (1 can will serve 3 people)
- green onions, chopped finely
- Crispy Wonton Strips
- My Fave Asian Soy Sauce Dressing (it’s listed with one of my other fave salads) OR Poppy Seed Dressing
- And for good measure, a sweet hawaiian roll or croissant with a little bit of jelly, optional
- Into a large personal size salad bowl, add about 2 cups of lettuce and 1 cup of cole slaw. Top with a handful of each of the following, green onions, almonds, mandarin oranges, and chicken. Drizzle with your favorite dressing, and top with Crispy Wonton Strips. Serve with a sweet roll on the side with a pat of butter and jelly.