I have been a mother for 20 years now, and from the onset of this journey I have been on the search to figure out how to make my children eat their vegetables AND ENJOY THEM.
I’ve hid them in pastry items, blended them in frozen drinks, bribed them with candy and ice cream. Not my finest moment.
I’ll spare you the hairy details, but honestly the secret is more simple than I could have ever imagined.
Don’t hide them. Don’t cook them. Just sort of throw them on top of whatever they are eating.
Hear me out.
Give them a bowl, add a bit of carbs (rice or noodles)
Add some chicken, beef or pork.
Pile on the cool, raw & crispy vegetables on top. Where they are visible. I’m not even kidding.
Give them some dressing. And it quite literally becomes their most favorite meal ever. Every morsel gone, just like magic.
- – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Sometimes I get fancy and make them have whichever dressing I find best goes with the flavors.
Stupid, stupid girl. I should just save the best accroutements for myself and let them have the Ranch by the gallons. Why should I care? Posh dining be damned.
I’ve done my duty, they’ve eaten a carrot.
Rotissiere Chicken Rice Bowl, with Carrot, Cucumber, Sweet Pepper and Red Onion
- 1/2 cup Cooked Rice
- 1/2 cup Rotissiere Chicken cut into small pieces
- Handful slice raw cabbage
- 1 mini bell pepper, sliced
- 3-4 baby carrots sliced
- 1/2 mini cucumber, sliced
- sliced Red Onion
- Dressing! A few favorites to try. . . .Teriyaki Sauce (sweet), Fish Sauce Dressing (sweet, spicy, tangy), Soy Sauce Dressing, and Balsamic Dressing (tangy)*
- I’m going to start and end this list of directions with 1, because it’s that simple. Into a medium size bowl, layer the following in this order. Rice on bottom, followed by chicken, cabbage, sweet pepper, carrot, cucumber, and red onion. Drizzle with your favorite dressing.
My fave dressing? How can I choose? But I almost always have Fish, Soy Sauce, and some type of vinagrette on this bowl:) Try it TODAY! I know you’ll love it.