For the first time in the history of FOREVER, the Woo children have told me. .. . . . I gave them too much to eat for lunch.
THEY WERE STUFFED.
A feat none too easy to accomplish.
And by A VEGETARIAN PASTA DISH, no less.
These noodles, rich and THICK with a creamy Tahini sauce, climbs to the top of the comfort food favorites list for sure. What I wasn’t expecting is, how incredibly filling they are. Usually when I’m eating noodles I just eat until I’m in a coma like state, and wake up to find that I’ve eaten a full pound.
If that’s you (no judgement here), this is the recipe you’ve been waiting for.
I really think the decadence allows you to savor every. single. bite. And in doing that, your brain enjoys each satisfying morsel, and kindly notifies you promptly, that you have had your fill, and that you can come back and eat more later.
That’s an AMAZING meal in my book.
Try it. I really think you’ll like it!
Want to see the LIVE ACTION version? Check out my YouTUBE video below OR if you just want the recipe in black and white. . .keep scrolling a little bit further.
Vegetarian Tahini Sweet, Tangy, and Little Spicy Saucy Noodles
- 1 pound pasta
- 5 cups water
- 2 TB olive oil
- 2 TB sesame oil
- 3/4 cup Soy Sauce
- 5 cloves of garlic, diced
- 1/2 tsp red pepper
- 1 tsp dried ginger
- 1 bouillon cube
- 3 stalks garlic chives, chopped
- Handful cilantro, chopped
- 7 ounces Cole Slaw, no sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded carrots
- 6 TB Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 tsp Chili Paste
- 3/4 cup Tahini
- 5 TB Agave Syrup
- Into a large pot add 5 cups of water, and bring to a boil on medium high heat.
- While you are waiting for the water to boil, add uncooked pasta, olive oil, sesame oil, apple cider vinegar, Soy Sauce, 5 cloves of garlic (chopped), red pepper flakes, ground ginger, 1 bouillon cube, chili paste and chives. Stir well.
- While the pasta continues to cook, add carrots and cole slaw, and stir to incorporate. After a duration of ten minutes, stir again, turn off heat and cover for an additional 10 minutes to allow the liquid to fully absorb into the pasta.
- Meanwhile, make the Tahini Sauce. Into a Small/medium size mixing bowl add tahini, sweetener (agave), and chili paste. Drizzle half of the sauce mixture over the noodles, and stir to coat. Add the remaining sauce, and repeat! Serve warm or at room temperature. Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped chives and cilantro! Enjoy!
You might also like these One Pot Pasta Dinners too! One Pot Margherita Pasta and Lemon Spinach-Ricotta Pasta .