I’m sending out an S.O.S.
I’m losing it people.
I’m eating whatever I find in the cracks of the couches, but don’t worry, my children are still eating well.
But I am forgetting to take pictures and post things like I normally do. It’s been a hard week at work for me, but I’m willing to show you, ME at my worst. Here are some mediocre pictures, pulled from the Youtube Vlog I made of said recipe. Which you can see here.. .
Just know this is amazing, well worth the shame I will feel for the next 1000 years for posting such horrid pictures.
I actually made this pizza in two batches.
The first, I baked off immediately to send off to school with my one loan child who remains unquarantined from Covid-19.
The second batch I made (below) placed in a casserole dish and placed in the fridge to cook later when the rest of my family wanted a hot lunch. A portion was not eaten on Day 1 and was cooked the following day, and it kept quite nicely in the fridge.
BBQ CHICKEN French Bread Pizza
I loaf of French Bread
4 BBQ chicken legs, about 2 cups of meat
2 cups Marinara Sauce
About 1/4 cup of your favorite BBQ sauce, more or less to your taste
Grated Colby Jack Cheese, about 3 cups
1 Bunch Green Onions, chopped
1. Using a serrated knife, slice the loaf lengthwise, opening the bread up into two long halves.
2. In a medium sized mixing bowl, add marinara sauce. Slowly, add BBQ sauce, a little at a time until YOU determine the right amount of sweet and smokiness you’d like to add to your sauce. For me, 1/4 cup was a nice balance. However, it will vary depending on the brand and type of sauce used. I used a spicy honey sauce.
3. Begin spooning the sauce on the two halves of the french bread. Top with cheese, shredded chicken, and green onions.
4. Drizzle any remaining sauce on top of the pizza.
5. Bake in the oven on 400 for 8-10 minutes, or until the cheese is melted and starting to turn golden.