We’re walking to the bus stop and the three of them notice all the really great Halloween decorations that have popped up in the neighborhood over the last few days.
Ghouling trinkets hanging from the trees.
When we get to the bus stop, brown eyes look up at me, “Mommy. Maybe today you can spend the day surprising us. Go home and put up our Halloween decorations, and when we get home, we’ll be so excited.”
“Well, it’s not actually a surprise if you are telling me to do it.”
“Well. . . .I’m not exactly sure that you’ll actually do it. That’s the surprise.” She sneered.
– – – – — – – – – – – – –
That was four days ago.
As you may have guessed, I didn’t do it.
But now, I’m feeling a little guilty and so as I type, I’m rushing around my house madly trying to get something up before they get home.
I’m changing things up a little this year.
Updating all the old decor I have around here.
Usually these broom sticks sit to the side of my front door, but this year I nixed the wreath all together and hung these happy broomsticks on my front door.
I think it’s a welcome my 4 little witches will go spellbound for.
FAST AND EASY: Broomstick Front Door Wreath
I don’t think the pictures do this beauty justice. It’s classic, and very sophisticated, yet undeniably spooky.
I wonder if these broomsticks belong to the witches who have left their hats in the corner on the porch?
Could the actual witches be inside?
I don’t know. . .enter if you dare.
WHAT YOU NEED:
3 broom sticks
twine or string
What to do:
1. Place wreath hanger on front door.
2. Tie two of the broom sticks together towards the middle of the broomstick. Secure tightly.
3. Grab a long piece of ribbon ( about 40 inches long) and tie the ends together in a knot.
4. Loop the ribbon through the brooms sticks that have been tied together.
5. Hang on the wreath hanger.
6. Attach 3rd broom to wreath hanger (by hooking the sweeper directly onto the wreath hanger hook).
7. Fasten all three brooms together with additional ribbon.
8. Step back and smile at your fast and easy ingenuity:)