Phoebe: Mommy. Mommy. Mommy.
Phoebe: Soledad is so mean.
Me: Uh huh.
Phoebe: Really! She is.
Me: No she’s not. Don’t say that.
Phoebe: Mommy, she said when I was little she stepped on my stomach and then she put a chair on top of my stomach and sat on it and that there are no pictures in the photo books because they were really bad and bloody and you didn’t want to put it in the book. And then she laughed, because she thought it was funny even though it hurt me a lot.
Me: If that happened….that would indeed be a terrible picture to put in a book.
But that didn’t happen. Soledad was joking. And it wasn’t a very good or funny joke. And I promise you. . . .that if anything like that did happen, I certainly would not have taken a picture of it.
Phoebe: Okay. But really, I’m not gonna believe a thing she says.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
At dinner, that very same night, Soledad looked straight into Phoebe’s eyes and said, “Shrimp are horrible. You hate them. Do you want me to eat them for you?”
Then proceeded to reach over her own plate. . . to her sister’s . . . . .there was a loud crack! the lights went out, followed by screaming, hitting, and scratching. . . .
Blood was lost.
Prisoners were taken.
And a finger was slightly severed.
Phoebe was not born yesterday.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Angel Hair Pasta with Shrimp and Lemon
This is a SUPER Easy quick fix weekday meal. Not very heavy, but great for storing energy up on busy days. Serve it with a salad or just on its own, you’re sure to add this to your list of go-to dinners.
14.5 oz angel hair pasta
1 medium onion, diced
4 tb olive oil
24 oz shrimp
1/3 cup plus 2 tb lemon juice
4 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp seasoning salt
Large handful italian flat leaf Parsley (about 1/2 cup), finely chopped
1. Cook pasta according to package directions (al dente). Drain. Set aside.
2. While the pasta is cooking, in a small bowl combine 3 TB oil, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Whisk to combine. Set aside.
2. Meanwhile, sauté onion in 1 TB oil over medium heat until the onions are translucent, about 3 -5 minutes. Add garlic and cook 1 minute longer.
3. Immediately add 2 bags frozen shrimp, and cook 5 minutes until thawed and heated through.
4. Add hot pasta and lemon mixture to the shrimp and onions. Cook 3 minutes longer to help pasta absorb the sauce . Add parsley, remove from heat let sit 5 min uncovered.