“I made you something to bring to class. . . . . .Marshmallow Crispy Treats.”
The kid raises one eyebrow, then leans in to inspect.
“Are these homemade?” she asks.
A smile rises in her mother’s face. A knowing look. “Yup. They are.”
Eyes aglaze, with a pink hue to her lips, her mouth begins to salivate and she shoves her younger sister aside to get just. one. whiff.
The torch has been passed.
I know, you know how to make these.
You know, I know how to make these.
Something that would make children squeal with delight.
Something that would tempt adults to sneak just one more bight.
You might think you can buy these in the grocery.
No really. You can’t.
What you’ll buy will be harder, mushed up, and WAY too tough.
Sure they’ll be good. But they won’t be great.
THESE will be great. AND YOU WILL be great.
And that’s why you’re here, on earth, in the first place. To be great, with the least amount of effort.
|I MADE 3 PANS IN 20 MINUTES!!!!! Easy, lovely, sweet, crispy, buttery, goodness.|
I just thought you might need the reminder.
– – – – – – – – — – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Throw a sprinkle or two on top and dare I say it, you’ll be STELLAR.
Well. . . .you’re stellar anyway.
But now the rest of the world will know it.
Marshmallow Rice Crispy Bars
3 TB unsalted butter
6 cups of mini marshmallows
6 cups of Rice Cereal
1. Spray a 13 X 9 inch pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large pot, melt butter over medium/high heat.
3. Once butter is melted, add marshmallows. Stir continuously until melted. Immediately remove from heat.
4. Add Rice Cereal. Stir to coat completely. Pour into greased pan. Using your hands or the back of spoon press mixture into the pan. If desired, top with sprinkles while mixture is still warm. Cool. Cut into 24 squares. Delight in all that is wonderful 🙂