This is my staircase.
Lovely. White. Pure.
This is the banister, that one might grab to aide them up this flight of not so treacherous stairs.
This is the little knobby white thing at the top of the railing, at the bottom of the stairs.
This . . . .
|Be glad it’s blurry.|
is the booger that some sad, gross soul has placed on my lovely, white, once pure staircase.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
All I can say is that is just plain foul.
And if I find out who that person is, they are definitely NOT GETTING ANY OF THESE YUMMY CHEWY GRANOLA BREAKFAST BARS.
Let that be a lesson to any who would want to booger up my beautiful home.
Chewy Granola Bars with Apricots, Apples, Pecans and Seeds
It stands to be said that these bars could most definitely be the the chewy granola bars with dried cherries, raisins, peanuts, and seeds. It’s just a template for whatever makes your tummy happy. Whip up a batch, and store in your favorite resealable container and you can be snacking all week long.
Inspired by Nigella Lawson
2 1/2 cups rolled oats (oatmeal- not instant)
1 cup shredded coconut
1 /2 cup dried apricots, cut into small pieces
1/2 cup dried apples, cut into small pieces
1 cup mixed seeds (I used sesame, sunflower, and pumpkin)
1 cup pecan pieces
1 14oz can of CONDENSED MILK (not evaporated milk)
1.Preheat oven to 250. Spray a 13×9 inch pan generously with cooking spray.
2. In a medium sized bowl mix together oats, coconut, apricots, apples, seeds, and pecans. Set aside.
3. In a large microwave safe bowl, pour condensed milk. Microwave for 1 – 1 1/2 minutes, or until milk is throroughly warm.
4. Pour oat mixture into warmed condensed milk, stir to coat well, and pour into greased pan. Press down firmly with spatula or oiled hands.
5. Bake for 1 hour. Removefrom the oven and allow to sit in the pan for 15 minutes. While still in the pan, cut into 16 bars. let cool completely. Store in a airtight container. Keeps well.