New Year’s Resolution #2 : To Lose Weight. Maybe.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
So here’s the deal. My butt giggles. I mean jiggles. Who am I kidding,click here it probably giggles too.
In a related matter:
I had pee in the sheets 4 times this week. Not my pee. Other peoples pee. See yesterdays post.
The toilet exploded. Guess who had to clean that up.
Also, that precious pudding pie that I like to call angel sent from heaven, left this for me in one of the non-toilet exploding bathrooms. And she had the nerve to come free it exam pdf and get me to show me what a lovely thing she did to our 10-ply toilet paper.
My husband woke me up at ummmmm. . . . . 1:30 am to tell me I text too much. Ya think?
And my 10 year old’s favorite electronic device almost met a nasty end, while she was sick for 2 days and had no other lifeline to civilization. Crisis averted.
AND I’M SUPPOSED TO DIET?
And deny myself the one thing that might make my fat a** be able to put one step in front of the other, and tackle these problems that COULD quite possibly end civilization as we know it?
I’m on the fence about it.
Civilisation vs. My fat butt.
I think my butt may win this time.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – —
Maybe there can be some middle ground.
I can lose a little weight, and civilization can continue on a dreary existence.
Mr. Woo! Load up the cheese and pasta. Heavy on the cheese, and pasta!
There’s always a middle ground, right?
We’ll take some whole wheat pasta, and mix it with part-skim ricotta cheese, top it with some low-fat mozzarella, and our butts will never know the difference.
And, civilization goes on.
Look at me. Bringing world peace one day at a time.
Whole Wheat Crock-Pot Lasagna
Serves 6 hefty portions
1 1/2 lb lean ground beef
1 onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, minced
32 ounces crushed tomatoes
1/2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon crushed pepper
2 TB oregano
15 ounces fat-free cottage cheese
15 ounces part skim ricotta cheese
1/2 cup reduced-fat Parmesan cheese, grated
6 oz. of spinach (about 6 handfuls of fresh baby spinach)
12 whole wheat lasagna noodles (about 3/4 of 16 oz. box)
2 cups low fat mozzarella, shredded
1. In a skillet sprayed with cooking spray, cook onion on medium heat until translucent.
2. Add ground turkey and cook until browned. Drain.
3. Add crushed tomatoes, garlic, salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and oregano. Stir to combine.
4. In a separate bowl, mix together cottage cheese, ricotta, spinach, and parmesan.
5. Spoon about 1/3 of the meat mixture onto the bottom of the crock pot. Followed by 4 lasagna noodles. Break the noodles in half so that they are evenly distributed. Top with 1/2 of the ricotta mixture.
6. Repeat with sauce, noodles, cheese, noodles, and sauce as your final layer.
7. Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of mozzarella on top, cover and cook on high for 2 1/2 hours or on low for about 5 hours.
8. *At this point you can eat as is, or once the noodles are tender 20 minutes before serving, transfer to the oven to brown at 425 for about 20 minutes. Enjoy!
*If you notice that your lasagna has a little too much liquid, just pour the excess out over the sink, or if you prefer you can remove it with a Turkey Baster. Also, sticking it in the oven for a few minutes will help get rid of any extra liquid.