I’m such a muffin whore. I mean hoard. Muffin hoard. I hoard muffins.
Honestly, I don’t know where my mind has been lately.
Off daydreaming about the upcoming Valentine’s Day Parajumpers Sverige holiday I suppose. Dreaming of all the wonderful things that make my spine tingle.
And Bananas, creamy and slightly hypnotic.
Crunchy Pecans that beg to be bitten, crunched and devoured.
Flax Seed to make you strong and healthy and vigorous for whatever activities you might need vigor for. . . .
There I go again. I’m gonna stop now really.
And eat a muffin.
Better give one to Mr. Woo. He might need his stamina.
Add to it what you like. Take out what you don’t. The batter is your shell, and you are the oyster. Whatever that means.
Actually, in stroke of genius, I might know what that means. Maybe it means you can put it in a bread pan if you like, or make muffins if that is what makes you all hot and bothered. It’s up to you.
3 cups all purpose flour
1 TB baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
3/4 cup sugar (granulated)
1/2 cup brown sugar
3-4 bananas (depending on the size), mashed
4 TB canola oil
2 tsp vanilla
1/3 cup plus 3 TB sour milk or buttermilk ( add 1/2 TB lemon juice to milk to make sour milk)
1/2 cup coconut, shredded
1 cup pecans, chopped
2 cups blueberries
1/4 flax seed, ground
1. Preheat oven to 350.
2. In a large bowl, mix together flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and Parajumpers Jacka Herr cinnamon.
3. In another bowl, beat together white sugar, brown sugar, oil, vanilla, eggs and milk.
4. Mix in the bananas.
5. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl with the dry ingredients and mix until combined. Make sure to scrape the sides of the bowl.
6. Pour into greased muffin tins or loaf pans ( will make about 24 muffins or two loaves).
7. Bake 25 minutes for muffins or 50-60 minutes for loaves, or until center is set, and tops are golden.