I feel as if there is a CLEAR and IMMENSE power in being the person who provides lunchtime sustenance to those around you.
For a while, I was hesitant to take on this role. Early hours, seemingly redundant meals, lack of appreciation. Who in their right mind asks for that job?
But I’ll tell you.
It needn’t be redundant.
And you totally can capitalize off the time. Make what YOU want to eat. It’ll be scrumptious and you’ll family will very likely find it amazing, and if they don’t, who cares, you do.
When argueing, or shall we say ‘having a disagreement’ sometimes we part ways without finding resolution. You send a meal that you made to PERFECTION, gloriously beautiful, wholesome AND DELICIOUS. . .and they feel so guilty while they eat it, because you are such a wonderful human being, and they need to stop acting like trash.
I could go on. . .but I’ll save my gems of advise for another day, because honestly, I’m starving and I’ve been wanting to eat this salad since breakfast. Try it! You don’t need to thank me, it’ll be enough that I know, that you know. . .that WE have the upper hand and the power to run our little section of the universe.
Want to see me make this salad in real-time? Watch my Youtube video here. . .if you want the recipe in black and white, just keep scrolling down. . .
Copy Cat Chick fil A Market Salad
I’m a big believer in secretly going to restaurants by myself or with my bestie and eating whatever I want on the menu, not matter the cost. I figure, it’s a deal when I only have to pay for me! But don’t fault me, because I always end up coming home and re-creating it for my family for lunches. It’s “research”. Case in point! See below.
Ingredients: (per salad)
- Salad mix (I used Iceberg and Spinach)
- Chicken Bites (grilled or battered, from the freezer, already cooked, I used Member’s Mark Chicken Bites from Sam’s Club, they taste so much like Chick Fil A Chicken!), cooked according to package directions
- 4 Large Strawberries, sliced
- 1/4 cup Blueberries
- 1/2 small apples, cut into bite size pieces (I placed the apple in lemon water to prevent browning)
- 2 TB Blue Cheese or Feta
- 2 TB Sliced Almonds
- 2 TB Granola
- 2 TB of your Favorite Dressing (we used Newmans Own Poppy Seed)
- Into a large salad bowl, add about 2 cups of greens. Top with chicken, strawberries, blueberries, apples, blue cheese (or feta), sliced almonds and granola. Drizzle your favorite dressing on top! Enjoy.
*I love a salad paired with a pastry! I know, sounds amazing right? It’s just like visiting your favorite lunchtime cafe. Today I made this salad for lunch and paired it with an Orange Cranberry Scone!!! It was heaven sent!