Currently, I’m addicted to Yellow by Coldplay.
It’s all I want to listen to.
When I’m at the gym, it’s in my ear.
When I’m on the computer, its playing softly in the background.
Right now, when I’m trying to type and talk to you, its replaying over and over again in my head.
And not just the song.
I keep seeing HIM. The lead singer. Chris Martin.
And how he is walking down the beach, all by himself. And it’s dark and cold and beautiful. And he’s just singing. His heart completely in it. He’s singing to someone. Maybe it’s Gwyneth Paltrow (his wife) or me, I can’t quite figure out which.
I really love it.
And the video.
It makes me think, that if Warwick could sing and write songs, he would write me a love ballad. Just. like. Yellow.
But he can’t.
So instead, he snuggles close to me when I have nightmares.
He holds me tight when I cry.
When I’m sick, he tucks me into bed, and brings me slushies and cranberry juice to drink.
He keeps the kids out of the room so I can sleep, only letting them in to give me a homemade get well card, and then ushering them out.
And then, sleep I do. So well. Until I feel better.
And then he lets me pretend I’m still way too sick to get up. Even though I’ve showered, changed the sheets on the bed, and eaten a double cheeseburger and fries.
Nope. Warwick can’t sing.
But if he could he’d write me a love ballad.
And tell me I’m beautiful, and wonderful, and amazing.
Clearly he’d bleed himself dry for me.
Because he does already, in a million different ways.
And really, its better than a song.
Or a video.
– – – – – – – – – – — – – – – – – – – – – –
Sometimes I make myself sick how much I love him.
Like, I want to stick my finger down my throat and throw up.
What is wrong with me?
It’s hard to love someone so much.
Thinking about them ALL THE TIME.
Worrying about if they’ll like what your doing.
If they’ll be disappointed in who YOU are.
When you speak inappropriately.
Or scratch yourself inappropriate places.
Or that sooner or late they’ll figure out you are a nut job.
Then they’ll say, “Bump this mess. I’m out.”
I mean you’d think after 13 years of marriage, I’d be over the worrywart stage.
But I’m not.
Because I’m a flawed miserable mess of a person.
Really, it’s a miracle he loves me and has stayed married to me this long.
Which is why I have created the CRAZY GOOD OVEN BABY BACK RIB.
Whenever I do some crazy mess,
I can pop these puppies into the oven and in 100 minutes, he’s eating them and forgetting what a nut job I am.
This works for friends, family members, as well as strangers on the street.
You should try it.
You’ll love them too.
Crazy Good Oven Baked Baby Back Ribs
2 racks of pork ribs (baby back ribs)
Seasoning salt ( I like Tony Cacheres)
1 cup of Your favorite Barbecue Sauce ( I like Sweet Baby Ray’s Honey BBQ)
1. Season ribs with seasoning salt. Allow them to sit at room temperature for 30 minutes before cooking. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 350. Cover a large baking sheet with aluminum foil. Spray with cooking spray.
2. Place ribs on the baking sheet with the meat side up. Bake for 30 minutes.
3. Remove ribs from the oven and brush with barbecue sauce (approx. 1/4 cup). Return the ribs to the oven and cook for an additional 20 minutes.
4. Remove from oven, brush again with barbecue sauce and return to the oven for another 20 minutes.
5. Finally remove the ribs from the oven, brush one more time with another 1/4 cup of barbecue sauce, and return to the oven for a final 30 minutes. Total baking time is 100 minutes.
6. When the ribs are done cooking, slice and serve!