This question is purely hypothetical.
What if ‘someone’ decided to get some fancy pants?
And in those fancy pants she decided to build a garden. And that garden grew, and grew, and grew, all summer long.
But then in July, it got hot. Really hot. And her kids, well . . . .distracted her. And she did not weed her garden, nearly enough. And her tender plants that she had once watered carefully, grew thirsty. And because of those transgressions, her pretty sparkly fancy pants, bedazzled with turquoise and sea green crystals, started to fade and become overgrown, just like her garden.
What would she do? What could she do?
Well. . . .she might pull up her britches, faded and worn, and begin to mend and sow a new garden. She could call it her Fall Garden. She would salvage what she could, and plant new seeds, and tend to them gingerly.
And for her efforts, she might find a jewel, or maybe 2 or 3. Precious peppers, that had weathered the heat, and were all the more sweet because of it.
She would be thankful, so grateful for this gift the earth has given her. Picking them carefully from their branches, and roasting them slowly over a fire.
Then carefully, picking the most precious of beds to lay them on.
Which of course would be ciabatta bread. . . .
covered with lettuce, bacon, and tomatoes.
Then she would lay her sweet roasted peppers to rest gently on top. . . . . .
with a blanket of cheese to keep them warm.
She might do this. I can’t really be sure. But, it’s an option.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Roasted Banana Pepper BLT with cheese
Bacon, cooked crisp (or however you like)
Banana Pepper, roasted
Slice of your favorite deli cheese
1. Warm bread in oven for 10 minutes at 350.
2. Take bread out of the oven and heat broiler to high.
2. Cut bread in half, lengthwise. Put a thin layer of mayonnaise on the inside of each half.
3. Layer the lettuce, tomatoes, bacon, pepper and cheese on the bottom half of the bread.
4. Place in broiler until cheese is melted and golden. About one minute.
5. Cover with the top half and enjoy!