Six years ago, from this very year
A child was born with a heart most dear.
She leapt into this world, with a ball in her hand
And a pinky little face, saying “Catch me if you can!”
We ran and ran, as fast as we could,
But her little legs carried her faster than ours would.
She turned her head and squealed in delight,
And before we knew it, she had run out of sight.
Everywhere we looked, but nowhere was she found,
Though her voice could be heard in the space all around.
There were burps, and chuckles, and silly little teases,
There were songs, and lullabies, and sweet little secrets.
And a very warm feeling that came from within,
Almost as if. . . . she had Jumped. Right. In.
“Bella darling, Have you climbed in my heart?”
“Yes mommy loves, so we’ll never be apart!”
Daddy tried to pull her out, but her love was much too strong,
“Daddy sweetie dear, your heart’s where I belong.”
“Bells beloved, in my heart you’ll stay,
But seriously now, you must come out and play!
There are books to be read, and pools to swim,
There are candies to be eaten, and games to win.
If only you’ll come out and live with us here,
I promise, our hearts remain open for you there.
So out she came, with her golden brown skin
And she danced and played again and again.
Her ponytails bounced as her tutu whirled about,
She ate tomatoes from her garden, as juice dripped from her mouth.
She painted pictures of animals in orange and pink,
And kissed her sisters so sweetly on the cheek.
She fills this world with a bounty of love,
Me thinks she’s an angel sent from above.
– – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – – –
Bella Bell loves this cupcake, and she is a bit of a foodie! This recipe is from scratch, and a little more time consuming than a box cake. But if you have the time, it is definitely worth the extra effort. It won’t let you down. I’m not bragging, but it’s my father-in-laws favorite cupcake too!
This recipe makes 12 cupcakes. Usually, I double it, because they go fast!
The Perfect Cupcake
1 ½ sticks of unsalted butter, room temperature
1 c. sugar
1 ½ c. cake flour
1 ½ tsp salt
½ c. milk
¾ tsp vanilla extract
3 large eggs, room temperature, separated
Pre-made frosting, your choice
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line your muffin pan with cupcake liners.
2. In an extra large bowl, combine butter and sugar on low speed until incorporated. Turn mixer dial up to medium high speed, and mix until light and fluffy, about 8 minutes. Making sure to scrape the sides of the bowl with a rubber spatula, ever few minutes.
3. Next, in a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
4. In a medium bowl, whisk together milk and vanilla.
5. In the extra large bowl, with the creamed butter, add the egg yolks one at a time. Make sure each one is fully incorporated before adding the next.
6. Using the mixer on the low speed, add the flour in 3 additions, and the milk in 2 additions, to the creamed butter. Be sure to wait until each is fully incorporated before you add the next. Turn the mixer dial to medium, and mix until batter is smooth.
7. In a clean, medium sized bowl, add egg whites. Beat on high speed until stiff peaks are formed. Working in 3 batches, add whites to the batter, by folding them in.
8. Pour cupcake batter evenly into muffin pan fitted with cupcake liners. Bake for 20 minutes or until golden brown and toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcake comes out clean.
9. Remove from oven, and cool completely.
10. Using a knife, spread frosting on the tops of the cupcakes, and sprinkle with sprinkles!
2 thoughts on “The Perfect Cupcake”
Awww! These pictures are gorgeous. Is that her birthday dress? I love it!!!
Yes it is! My little girly girl. She looks precious. I got her outfit at TJ MAXX. Do you guys have those there? I love that place!
Comments are closed.