10 Things I learned from The BLOG ELEVATED 2013 Conference that have nothing to do with blogging.
1. My mouth can not be stopped from eating its way into a coma.
2. Karen Waldrond from Chookooloonks is so dang funny! And WIT-TY. (ClumsyCrafter told her that she is sooooo pretty. And Karen was like, “whatever.” And Clumsy was like, “yes, you are! You could totally be on the Vogue COVER.” And Karen was like, “yeah right, THE BRAILLE EDITION.” And we all cracked up laughing. Funny times.)
3. If I drink 3 cups of coffee at 9:03 am, it will yield 911 cups of pee by 10:25 am.
4. Jenny on the Spot opens her mouth WIDE for almost EVERY single picture she takes. And. . .she is so dang cute. I am seriously contemplating opening my mouth for EVERY single picture I take, for the rest of my life.
5. If I’m at a conference all day, and it is raining outside, I am completely capable of changing all my clothes whilst sitting in the trunk OF my midsized vehicle and not really giving the slightest concern if passing cars catch a glimpse of my girdle.
6. I was fibbing before when I said I can’t do Twitter. I can do it. I will do it. I will attain more than 10 followers.
7. If you run a triathlon, you get to stand on the winners podium and TAKE PICTURES. And then you can send those pictures out to all your peeps. And THEY WILL THINK YOU WON 1ST PLACE. And they will tell all their peeps that THEIR FRIEND RAN A TRIATHLON AND GOT FIRST PLACE. And then you will tell them, “Are you on crack? Do you know me AT ALL? I didn’t win first place. I just was taking a picture. (your friends will still tell everyone you won first place, because in their heart you’re a champion).
8. If it is raining cats and dogs outside, and I am the only one with an umbrella, I am given the POWER TO RULE THE WORLD. And. . surprisingly. . .I’ll use it for good, not evil.
9.When people ask me what my name is, I should really try and come up with a succinct answer. I should give up the rambling vomit bit of “Um, Hi. My name is Nicole. Or you can call me Nicki. Like My Blog. Nicki Woo . . . .The Home Guru.. . .Haven’t heard of it? Huh. Well. . . Nicole. Nickster. Nicki Sticki Wicki. Hey YOU over there. Whatever. Anythings fine with me.”
10. Sometimes, friends are tried and true even if you don’t get to see them as often as you’d like. And sometimes. . .those friends do great wonderful MAGNIFICENT THINGS. . .that you are so completely proud of . . .that you just glow inside with the thought of it. And sometimes even though, you don’t deserve it, your friends let you become a part of their HUGE accomplishment, and give you a gift that can never be repaid. A better you. A smarter you. A you that lives to make others proud.
*on a similar note. I have another friend, who is also magnificent (just like Bobbie pictured above), has 10 KIDS and is pregnant with her 11th AND is the craziest most beautiful woman. . .I mean, I’m not kidding, this chic could be a pin up blogger poster lady. . .that sounds bad, but I mean it in a good way. . .red hair. . .red lipstick, running around like she could run a conference with her eyes shut. . .she could. . .she totally could. But. . .she was running so fast, I didn’t get a picture. . .so I just wanted to say . . . Love you girl! XOXO.
- – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – - – -
Well. I had a pretty good weekend.
Surrounded with some of the most fascinating bloggers and mentors that I’ve ever met. All at Blog Elevated.
I’m pumped up on knowledge and good karma. Now, I just want to BLOG! Like a crazy woman.
A crazy good blogging woman. . . . . .
Along with my pledge to blog like a nut!
I am also pledging to eat breakfast so that I can get crack a lackin’ on writing in the wee hours of the morning.
Today was day ONE of FOREVER.
I started it with this handy dandy little smoothie recipe that I found on Instagram via Befitfoods.
In my version I added honey.
I also added vanilla yogurt in place of plain Greek.
And more Kale. I added 1/2 cup more Kale.
Either way you make it,
It’s a winning recipe.
Try it, you’ll see!
1 cup kale
8 oz vanilla yogurt
1 cup ice
1 cup almond-coconut milk (use whatever you have)
3 TB lemon juice
2 TB Honey
1. Place ingredients in blender.